Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Gurgaon from my eyes

Blog Marathon - Post # 3

It’s been more than 10 months that I'm into this Electronic city. It’s a city of ambitions. People come here, build their dreams and live like what we call these days gangnam style. But today I'm writing what I have observed about this city. Here are some interesting facts about Gurgaon.

This pic is stolen from here
  • Gurgaon has no roots of its own. Almost everybody here is from different city. So nobody can actually claim that it is ‘his Gurgaon’.
  • Yesterday my landlord told her daughter that they are planning to visit Qutub Minar. Then that little daughter asked very cutely 'Mom which mall is Qutub Minar'. Sad but true. The only things to hang out in Gurgaon are Malls. If the weather is good, we plan to visit Malls. If the weather is bad, we plan to visit Malls. Almost every plan ended up to Malls in Gurgaon.
  • Window shopping, window shopping and window shopping. These are things we do in malls. Guys generally select things in stores at malls, come back home, browse online shopping websites, redeem coupons and buy the same things online.
  • Auto walas here will not kick start their auto until it is packed with at least 12 persons. Almost every auto wala has developed his skills to drive the auto by sitting on the side passenger seat because his own driving seat is already been offered to some other passenger.
  • Traffic is the biggest problem in Gurgaon. My small company has strength of 1000 and from 1000 I think 350-400 come by driving their own cars. It was an example of a small company. And in Gurgaon, you will find big companies like Infosys, TCS, Microsoft, and Google. Maruti has 28000 employees only in Gurgaon. You can easily imagine the traffic problem of Gurgaon.
  • In metro trains, if the person is alone, you will find earphone stucked into his ears. If he is not alone, you will find him preaching down his project managers. Every second person in Gurgaon is a software engineer.
  • In Gurgaon you will find more PGs than homes. PGs are the places where horrible food is fed to the peoples. And in search of eatable food, people keep on changing these PGs. The same apply on their jobs. In Gurgaon, people very frequently switch their jobs.
  • The buildings here are very fascinating. But I think after building all these buildings, Government got to know that they forgot to give drainage system to this city. Sectors get flooded with water on rainy seasons here.

8 comments:

  1. Gurgaon is a planned city, right? still water clogged? Sad And the Qutub Minar mall. Double Sad.

    Still a s/w engineer's dream place :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some parts of Gurgaon are planned not the whole city. And yea its dream place of software engineer. I was also very much excited one year back to shift here.

      Delete
  2. Looks very developed and I know it is. :)
    Wondering how you'd complete Blog marathon. :) I did it last year.... wrote 30 posts in 30 days and learnt one thing. Not my cup of tea. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Nisha, I just posted 4 posts till now and it is seeming a hard job for me. Lets see what happens, but I will try my best. Anyway thanks for reading the post :)

      Delete
  3. Wonderful analysis. I had stayed here for 1 year 10 years back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why to forget.. roads n people here. U can earn here but will not want ur home in this city. I miss my city so much...

    ReplyDelete